Casting Season 8 of “The Great Norway Adventure” (aka “Alt for Norge”)
WE HAVE OUR OPEN CALL DATES AND LOCATIONS FOR CHICAGO, MINNEAPOLIS AND SEATTLE. SEE BELOW!
If you haven’t heard of this show and you (or someone you know) are even just a little bit Norwegian, then you should check it out! Alt for Norge is Norway’s extremely popular Emmy award winning show. Previous cast members say this is an awesome and life changing experience. Some have even been inspired to moved to Norway! Many cast members have gotten married to each other! Wouldn’t you like to fly to Norway, have an exciting adventure, have a chance to meet relatives you don’t even know exist and win a cash prize of
• Must be a descendant of Norway (Have some Norwegian blood in your veins)
• Must have NEVER traveled to Norway (sorry non-negotiable)
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must be at least 18 years old by Feb. 13, 2017 (there is no age limit)
• Be able to travel to Norway and be available for 2-12 weeks to participate in the production of this amazing adventure to be shot in Norway from late April to early July, 2017.
• Willing to have a criminal background check done on you.
Application & Video Submission Deadline is Thursday, December 1st, 2016. Act Fast! Early application and video submissions receive immediate attention and give us ample time to get additional material from you that the producers may request, i.e., more family history.
This isn’t your typical Reality TV show. It’s not about the cast fighting or sabotaging each other. Chosen participants will travel to Norway to compete in good-natured, exciting and extreme cultural challenges. The show is like a cross between “Who do you think you are” and “The Amazing Race”.
OPEN CALL CITIES & DATES
You can EITHER submit an application and create your own video OR submit an application and attend an open call.
VIP LIST: If you want to get on the VIP list, email your name, phone number and city to firstname.lastname@example.org The VIP List means you get to jump ahead of Non-VIP folks in line.
SEATTLE, WA: Sunday, October 23, 2016 from 10:00am-3:00pm at ACT Theatre. 700 Union Street, Seattle, WA 98101. Enter at the ticket office door.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN: Saturday, November 19, 2016 from 10:00am-4:00pm at the Executive Center at Mall of America®, which is located on level 4, east.
CHICAGO, IL: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 9:30am – 5:00pm at O’Connor Casting Company, 1219 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL.
Do not contact O’Connor Casting by phone. If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
VIDEO SUBMISSION INFORMATION: (If you attend an open call, then you are not required to submit a video). However, everyone MUST complete the online application (even if you’ve previously applied).
WHAT WE WANT ON THE VIDEO
Please introduce yourself and tell us why you think you are a perfect candidate for “The Great Norway Adventure 8″ reality television series.
MAKE IT FUN! We want to learn about you! Tell us about yourself, your family here in the U.S., your job, your personality, your hobbies and what makes you unique. Since your Norwegian history is on the application, you do not need to talk about this, but please tell us about your connection to Norway and why you are passionate about being Norwegian. Tell us why you would like to be on the show and why you think you’d be a great cast member.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS VIDEO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES. To view previous cast member audition videos and some clips from the show, visit our YouTube Channel
Please label your video with your FULL NAME so if we can’t play it, then we’ll know who to call.
WAYS TO GET YOUR VIDEO TO US: IT’S EASY! Just use Dropbox. There is no charge. Just click on the link below and upload. CLICK HERE FOR THE DROPBOX LINK IMPORTANT: You will receive an immediate “Thanks you’re all done” type of a message once your video has been uploaded. This means we received your video so no need to check and see if we got it.
TIPS ON CREATING YOUR NORWAY SUBMISSION VIDEO:
– Introduce yourself with your full name at the beginning of your video.
– Be yourself and have fun. This is NOT a show that likes to categorize people as the villain, sweet one, funny one, etc. like many Reality Shows do. We honestly want you to present your true self.
– You do not have to do any fancy editing to your video. We are not looking for a slick production value to your video. So don’t worry if there are some weird cuts or if things don’t flow.
– Make sure that we can clearly see your face. The lighting doesn’t have to be fancy, but we will need to see your face.
– We suggest that you NOT narrate your entire video over photos or video. We want to see you talking to camera and see how you are in front of a camera at least for a portion of the video.
– You do not need to show us every aspect of your life. If you can only sit down and talk to the camera, then that is fine.
– On the other hand, it’s great when we get to see some different slices of your life. If you have a hobby, show us. If you have kids or friends, show us. If you play an instrument, show us.
– You do not need to go into your family lineage in this video. Those questions are answered in your application. You can talk about your relatives, heritage, etc. in a way that expresses how you feel rather than just stating facts about who was born here, how they came to the U.S., etc.
– It’s very important for you to express why you want to go to Norway and why you want to be on the show.
– Please don’t go over 5 minutes. Generally a 2-4 minute video is enough for us to get a sense of who you are.