Thanks for your interest in becoming a part of our Real People Division! See what current members have to say about their experiences and then read how to sign up below!
Yes I was nervous but your staff really put me at ease. They really mean it when they say “Just be yourself”. So even though I’ve already been featured in a nationwide TV commercial for Ace Hardware, I’m ready for more opportunities and can’t wait until you have another client that’s looking for someone like me. I foresee giving an interview one day where I’ll say it all started with signing up with O’Connor Casting!!”
– Albert B.
Working with O’Connor Casting’s Real People Castings has been a blast! We’ve loved the whole process from the interviews to the commercial shoots. What we’ve really enjoyed the most is working alongside the creative and talented people who pull off a commercial shoot from start to finish. Working these commercials has also paid off financially as well! We’ve enjoyed building a little savings from the extra income that has come in through our work on commercials.”
– Scott and Jenny B.
Our dream is to become actors. We didn’t have resumes, headshots, or an agency but because of O’Connor’s “Real People Casting” they found us and we booked a Burger King Commercial. We flew to New York First class to film the commercial and since then we booked a Cars.com Commercial. Thank you O’Connor for the opportunity and life changing experience!”
– Demetrius and Demorris B.
READY TO SIGN UP?!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Regular people exactly like you! There are many times clients ask us to cast “real people”. These are folks who have regular jobs, are unemployed, retired or just have a looser work schedule who are interested in being considered for paid advertising or marketing projects.
Since we cast for Commercials, Print, Television, and Film we look for a wide array of people and families from varying social, racial, and economic backgrounds.
And just to be extra clear… We are Casting Directors. We are not a Talent Agency – meaning we do not represent actors, models or real people and we do not actively pursue getting you jobs on other projects. We do not take money from you – ever. Our compensation comes from our client. All we do is perform the search (casting) for what our clients’ needs are.
HOW THIS WORKS:
– You sign up by clicking on the below REGISTER HERE link. Your information is for our internal purposes only and will not be given to outside companies.
– We accept ALL APPLICANTS as long as they live in or near the Chicago land area AND have a semi-flexible or very flexible work schedule. Auditions and shoots are often last minute during the week and during office hours.
– We will contact you if we feel you are right for the project we are casting.
– Projects happen very quickly so we need you to quickly respond if you are interested in being considered for the project.
– Interviews/auditions are unpaid. Compensation varies from project to project and is paid when you are BOOKED through the client’s payroll service. It may be a few hundred dollars or it could be tens of thousands of dollars.
– If your information changes (in regards to your contact information, major physical changes, new languages learned, etc.) you will need to RESUBMIT yourself.
ACTORS – THIS IS IMPORTANT: If you have model or talent agency representation, you may still sign up. HOWEVER, we will ONLY be contacting you for “Real People” projects that we are not already working with Talent Agents on. You will be considered a non-actor when submitting for any Real People project and there will be no contact from us with your agent on these projects.
Your information is for our internal purposes only and will not be given to outside companies.