Information on Danish Reality TV Show
Casting “The Great Danish Adventure”
The Great Danish Adventure is an exciting Reality TV show that sends ten Americans with Danish ancestry to Denmark to compete in a series of physical, adventurous and cultural challenges while learning about their Danish heritage and family legacy.
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to discover Denmark in a way no other person can! Everyone chosen for this exciting adventure will learn about their family history and receive information about their relatives who are still living in Denmark. The winner will receive the GRAND PRIZE of meeting their unknown relatives living in Denmark and $10,000.00 USD!!!
If chosen, you will receive a stipend of $200.00 USD for each day you are participating in this series while in Denmark.
“The Great Danish Adventure” is like Norway’s hit show “Alt for Norge.” It’s not about the cast fighting or sabotaging each other. Cast members are eliminated by losing a competition. It’s an awe-inspiring experience that focuses on each cast member’s journey of discovering who they are by learning about where they came from.
If you have some Danish ancestry, have a zest for adventure and want to learn about your heritage, then this is the show for you!
To apply, scroll down for the link to the application and to get OPEN CALL details. You’ll need to fill out the application, and submit a video OR attend an open call.
In order to participate you must:
– Be of Danish descent (have Danish blood in your veins).
– Have NOT traveled to Denmark after the age of 15.
– Be at least 18 years old by June 1, 2020.
– Be able to travel to Chicago for finalist callbacks, which are tentatively scheduled for the week of April 20, 2020.
– Be available for taping a portrait/presentation of you and your hometown. This will take place between June 1st – June 27, 2020 (1 or 2 days of filming on each contestant).
– Be able to travel to Denmark and be available for 4 weeks to participate in the production of this amazing adventure to be shot in Denmark from the beginning of July through the middle of August, 2020.
– Willing to have a criminal background check done on you.
Application & Video Submission Deadline is Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Act Fast! Early application and video submissions receive immediate attention and give us ample time to get additional material from you that the producers may request, i.e., more family history.
OPEN CASTING CALL CITIES
(instead of making a video, you can attend an open casting call at one of the below cities)
Racine, Wisconsin: Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 11am – 3pm at the Racine Civic Centre Memorial Hall, 72 7th St, Racine, WI 53403.
Minneapolis, Minnesota: Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 9am-2pm at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN at the Executive Center on Level 4.
Chicago, Illinois: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 from 9:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm – 5:00pm at O’Connor Casting Company, 1219 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60607.
To sign up for the VIP LIST, which gives you priority over anyone who is not a VIP ) email us your name, phone number and city at email@example.com Also email us if you have any questions.
VIDEO SUBMISSION INFORMATION
All videos and applications must be received by Sunday, March 1, 2020. DO NOT POST ANY VIDEOS ON THE INTERNET. WE ONLY ACCEPT VIDEOS THROUGH OUR DROPBOX LINK and only these formats: m4v, mp4, mov, wmv and avi.
WHAT WE WANT ON THE VIDEO
Please introduce yourself and tell us why you think you are a perfect candidate for “The Great Danish Adventure”. MAKE IT FUN! We want to learn about you! TELL and SHOW US about yourself, your family here in the U.S., your job, your personality, your hobbies and what makes you unique. Since your Danish history is on this application, you do not need to talk in depth about it, but please tell us about your connection to Denmark and why you are passionate about being Danish.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE VIDEO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES. However, the video should be at least 2-3 minutes so we get a good sense of who you are and what your story is.
Please label your video with your FULL NAME so if we can’t play it, then we’ll know who to call.
WAYS TO GET YOUR VIDEO TO US
IT’S EASY! Just use Dropbox. There is no charge. Just click on the link below and upload. CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO TO DROPBOX or copy and paste this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/3COjPebOGD9lvDh9fUdL
IMPORTANT: You will receive an immediate “Thanks you’re all done” type of a message once your video has been uploaded. This means we received your video so no need to check and see if we got it.
TIPS ON CREATING YOUR DENMARK SUBMISSION VIDEO
- Introduce yourself with your full name at the beginning of your video.
- Be yourself and have fun. This is NOT a show that likes to categorize people as the villain, sweet one, funny one, etc. like many Reality Shows do. We honestly want you to present your true self.
- You do not have to do any fancy editing to your video. We are not looking for a slick production value to your video. So don’t worry if there are some weird cuts or if things don’t flow.
- Make sure that we can clearly see your face. The lighting doesn’t have to be fancy, but we will need to see your face.
- We suggest that you NOT narrate your entire video over photos or video. We want to see you talking to camera and see how you are in front of a camera at least for a portion of the video.
- You do not need to show us every aspect of your life. If you can only sit down and talk to the camera, then that is fine.
- On the other hand, it’s great when we get to see some different slices of your life. If you have a hobby, show us. If you have kids or friends, show us. If you play an instrument, show us.
- You do not need to go into your family lineage in this video. Those questions are answered in your application. You can talk about your relatives, heritage, etc. in a way that expresses how you feel rather than just stating facts about who was born here, how they came to the U.S., etc.
- It’s very important for you to express why you want to go to and why you want to be on the show.
- Please don’t go over 5 minutes. Generally a 2-4 minute video is enough for us to get a sense of who you are.